Cleaning the house can take a lot of time and can be really tiring and stressful. To help you make your chores easier, here are some common dirt problems and how you can get rid of it.
1. Soap Scum. To prevent soap scum, buy a product like Clean Shower or Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner to prevent build up of soap scum, mildew and lime scale. If there is already a build up of soap scum, use a melamine sponge such as Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to pick up the soap scum.
2. Dirty Shower Curtain Liner. To clean up the shower curtain liner, put it in the washing machine with a couple of bath towels and laundry soap and hang it to dry. You can also replace your old curtain by purchasing a water tight curtain that doesn’t need a liner.
3. Dust. Vacuum first and then use a microfiber cloth to get rid of dust. Polish the furniture, change the filter on your air conditioner to lessen the dust.
4. Dull Wood Floors. Try cleaning dull wood floors by using black tea. The tannins in the tea leaves a shiny finish
5. Dirty Fridge. Pop fridge drawers and racks in the dishwasher for a quick clean. Read the manual to clean the coils to make sure it is in good condition.
6. Musty Closets. Freshen up the smell of your closet by hanging charcoal briquettes in large tea strainer balls in your closet. Stuff your winter shoes with newspaper to absorb the excess moisture and prevent growth of bacteria.
7. Musty House. Remove the musty smell of your house by spraying cologne or perfume on a cool, off light bulb. Make your own air freshener by combining 20 drops of essential oil to a spray bottle filled with water.